Wednesday, September 18, 2013

One of the many DFW churches that has an open playtime...

Grace Point Church
590 S. Denton Tap Rd.
Coppell, Tx
Hours: 
Monday from 9:00am to 5:00pm                                                      
Tuesday from 2:00pm to 5:00pm                                                   
Wednesday from 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Thursday from 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm noon
                                                                                                    
                                         FREE!!!                                                   
******************ALWAYS CHECK WEBSITE FOR CLOSINGS******************



I will start by saying that I went here on a whim.  I was looking for things to do on a hot Texas Monday morning with my son, and BAM!  I found this gem!

I found this place to be AWESOME!!  The play area and play structure here for the "larger little ones" is HUGE with plenty of room for the kiddos to release their wiggles.  All I could hear the entire time were the delighted squeals coming from children that were happy to be anywhere but stuck in the house on a 105 degree day.

We went to the little tots area, as my son is only 1. There is a mini play structure with slides and plenty to climb in/on/around.  Lots of soft play toys, pads in case of falls, and the walls are covered with colorful games and other sensory objects to entertain the knee-high explorer.  Jacob loved the little enclosed area in the play structure that had GIANT bouncy balls in it.  Imagine: walking around in a world where the bouncy balls are bigger than you!!  Rather Entertaining.

There is an eating area with tables and chairs which is great to take a break in.  I really like that they made it comfortable and fun.  Also note that the larger play structure is big enough for a parent to crawl in in the event of a distressed child.

The ARK is located in the back of the church, so before you park at the front and walk all the way around, (like I did), drive to the back and park where you see the outdoor playground.  You're Welcome.  Also socks (no shoes allowed) are REQUIRED so bring an extra pair.  They do have socks for loan, but I prefer to bring my own.  Plus, I am that mom that will accidentally run off with those socks!

I will also note that you can have children's birthday parties here, but they fill up fast, so register early.

I highly recommend that you take visit this church play area.  I give it 5 stars.  So does my son who slept for 3 hours straight after we left:)

No comments:

Post a Comment