Monday, May 12, 2014

Summer FUN! (UPDATED)


There are so many FREE fun things to do in DFW this summer!  The free splash parks are opening up, outdoor concerts, fireworks, petting farms, cheap summer movies... you will not be bored this summer!

I realize that I have been neglecting my blog lately.  I have been so very busy!  In fact, I really don't even have time to write this, but I feel I owe it to my blog followers to post a few things that they can do this summer that they may not know about.  So here it is, all slapped together and hurried.

Since I will be on hiatus for a while, I will tell you some of the ways I find these great places and events to go to.  Not all are recurring, and that is usually what I have on my blog.  So, (and I realize some of these are repeats), check the calendars at these sites, like them on Facebook, and subscribe to the newsletters of the following sites.  I highly suggest checking out the calendars.  When I am tired of the places on my blog, I go to these sites, and find out what is going on the next day.  No one site has everything, but I have seriously unlocked a wealth of information for you. I will also continue to add information to this blog post as I find it.

*****UPDATE*****
The Preschool Playtime at the Grapevine CAC is no more.  They have relocated for a short time during construction of a new facility, and I do not know if it will return after.  BUT!  I did find out about another toddler/preschool playtime for ages 2-5 at the Coppell Rec Center for $1 on Tuesdays from 9-10a.m.  So, maybe check that place out. 

**********************************
InTheLoopKids -- I am proud to say that I am a contributor.  


Family E-Guide

Around Town Kids - Says Frisco, McKinney, Allen, but lists events all over the metroplex as well.  

AND - if you haven't already, LIKE my Facebook Page.  I am always posting free and family friendly, low cost events and places to visit.

FREE OUTDOOR CONCERTS!
Plano, DentonDallas, Flower Mound, Coppell, Irving, McKinney, Lewisville, North Richland Hills, Allen, Highland Village,  Fort Worth1 Fort Worth2, Fort Worth3, Fort Worth4,  The Colony, Arlington, Mansfield... And the list goes on.  I have provided links that will take you to the sites, there is one near you!  
Fort Worth3-Kids under 10 are free
Hurst, Bedford, Euless, Watauga, Roanoke, Keller, and Southlake click HERE


FREE SPLASH PARKS!

So I am giving you the link to an article by DFWChild that lists 21 FREE splash parks in the area.  Sundance Square Plaza was not included because this article is from last year, so I included it.  Like I always say... Check websites and social media for closings.  ALWAYS.

Click here for 21 Free Spray Parks

Sundance Square Plaza - Located in the heart of downtown Fort Worth!  We go to Fort Worth often, so my next blog post will probably include a picture of Jacob splashing his little heart out!

**UPDATE** More Splash Parks Found
Belo Garden Downtown Dallas - just found out about this one.

More splash parks around Dallas HERE

Splash Island Euless  - scroll down to see info

Haltom City Spraygrounds

Roanoke- Cannon Parkway Park


More things to do this summer:


This calendar of events from the Dallas Public Library that has a ton of fun things to do for kids of all ages!

Kid Fishing at Bass Pro

Castle Hills monthly event

Fritz Park FREE Petting Farm - June & July only, closed Mondays **Great Place!  Blog post soon to come!

Urban Air Trampoline Park - Indoor trampoline park in Southlake

Burger's Lake - Not free, but cheaper than a lot of water parks.  Cool Place!

Surf N Swim - another inexpensive water park on the other side of the metroplex from Burger's Lake

$2 Kids Movies at Studio Movie Grill
and even more cheap summer movies HERE 

Half-Price Books Storytime! - Of course I would sneak a storytime in here!!  Half Price Books in Arlington does storytimes on Sundays!  Lincoln Square and Four Corners.

Watch the planes take off at DFW Airport from the Founder's Plaza observation area.  Map HERE

Fort Worth Food Truck Parks - Clearfork & Fort Worth Food Park live local bands and food!

The new children's play area, "Studio A", at the Kimbell Art Museum.  FREE.  Also they have a drop-in program on Saturdays and a monthly story time on Tuesdays.

Willow Bend Free Summer Fun Thursday Nights

Free Outdoor Movies, Cheap Screenings and MORE!

Discounted Days at the Dallas Arboretum

Check your local library!!
Many libraries have summer programs and events such as Lego clubs, movies, game days, "science camps", art classes, crafts and more! Links to all libraries in Tarrant, Dallas, Denton and Collin Counties can be found HERE - just click on the name of the library.
----------------------------------------------------

Please use the calendars and visit my facebook page, as there is no one site that has everything.  I just want my readers to have access to the amazing and fun things to do that are right under their noses!!


If you have anything to add-- please do so in the comments!  We love to share our knowledge!  I will also be updating this post periodically.  I am always finding new things, but right now don't have the time to make new pages or posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment