Friday, February 7, 2014

Lots of Fun at The Galleria Play Area!

Galleria Dallas
Children's Play Area


*You can find family friendly events as well at the Galleria -- click here


We made it to yet another stop on our wish list, the Galleria Dallas play area.  The play area lives on the 3rd floor near the bathrooms, and as a plus, there are also little bathrooms with little potties for little fannies. These little potties were perfect for my little rug rat!  The bathrooms are very busy and I didn't want to be a weirdo taking pictures of a toilet so I didn't get one.  There is also a changing station right outside the little mini bathrooms.  Enough about that and on with the play area...

Think of a Cancun inspired theme, with plenty of tunnels and bridges and things to climb on.  The trees and snakes, frogs and parrots, it was very tropical looking, with the Mayan pyramids to make it seem like you are in Cancun.  To me at least. Jacob especially like climbing on the pyramid, and of course going through the "nunnels".  

Jacob's absolute favorite attraction was none other than the JEEP.  Like Collin Creek Mall, there was a soft play Jeep, although this one is not stuck in the mud.  My little dinosaur played all over the place here, but the Jeep was 'where it's at' as far as he was concerned.  

With everything there is to climb on, in, or through here, Jacob didn't lose interest and try to walk around the mall.  In fact, when I tried to take him for a stroll so that I could check it out, he ran back into the play area.  So that is where we stayed until it was time to go.  

We arrived before noon, and Jacob had eaten his lunch on the way there.  I did that on purpose.  I have noticed that, for the most part, play areas are not as busy at lunchtime, (go figure). I feed him before we go or on the way if we are taking transit, and arrive a little before noon.  The Galleria play area is by far the busiest play area I have been to, but when lunch time hit, it was a ghost town.  I am not saying that this is the only time to go, or that it will always be slow at that time, but it is your best bet.  That goes for pretty much any play area.



I will also say that it looks clean, like Collin Creek Mall.  The one at Ridgmar Mall looks like it has seen better days, but it  still remains one of my favorite to visit.  

I would like to see the play area at Valley View Center, I have heard that mall is slow like Ridgmar Mall so the play area doesn't get crazy.  We will see.  For now, I have several other places on our wish list that I would like to knock out first.  Perhaps we can finally hit up the WOW Bus, or the zoo, or even the Train display at Children's Medical Center.  We will see...



No comments:

Post a Comment